Wednesday, March 4, 2009

First Product Shots

I made the drive down to Austin on Monday (with Jill along for the ride) to take the product shots for SundaeSkates.com. This is an online longboard store that will be opening in the very near future. It is ran by my buddies Robby, Dorian, and Tommy. I figured it would be a great time to build the lightbox, seen in my last blog, and get some professional looking product shots.

Between shooting all of the decks outside and doing the accessories in the lightbox, we took a lunch break and went to a place called Terraburger. This place was incredible. Everything they serve is 100% organic and all natural. I got a Hill Country BBQ Burger that was to die for. Everything inside the store is made from recycled materials, including their counter-tops, tables, chairs, and pretty much everything else. They even recycle their cooking oil into bio-fuel. If you are ever in Austin, you have to check this place out. I was a little iffy going in, since those of you that know me personally know that im a stupidly picky eater. But i have to say, seriously, probably the best burger i've ever eaten. And to think its somewhat healthy for me too! I hear they are going to be opening stores elsewhere, but for now i think they are just located in Austin. I sure hope they open one here!

I shot with Robby and Dorian most of the day and left to head back to Arlington at around 9:30-10pm. Not long after we left I started feeling really dizzy and nausious. I ended up having to stop about 3 times on the way back to get fresh air, and eventually just let Jill drive the rest of the way home. I took a quick peek at what I'd shot and then promply fell into my bed, with my head still spinning.

When my alarm went off at 7:30am this morning, nothing had changed. I still felt lightheaded and nausious, almost like i was motion-sick. I got up and let the dogs outside and got a little fresh air to see if that would help, but unfortunately it didnt. I let my boss know i wouldn't be making it in today and crashed back into my bed for a few more hours, still feeling like the room was spinning. And no I wasnt drunk. I havent had anything alcoholic to drink since Vegas last May, and I cant even remember before that.

Once i finally climbed out of bed today, sometime in the early afternoon, I started to work on the post-processing. All of the lightbox pictures came out really good in my personal opinion, but im still a little so-so about the outdoor pictures of the skateboard decks. I'll have to do some more work on them later.

I finally started feeling better this evening thankfully. Maybe my body went into shock after actually eating something that wasnt full of grease and fat for once! It's been way too long since that has happened! :P

Back on topic, here are some of the pictures from my shoot. As always, click them for the full size shot. More can be seen on my Flickr page.

Edited to remove old pics.



Robby told me when I got there that he had been quoted somewhere around $3,000 by a local guy to shoot their entire inventory like I did. I cannot believe product photographers get that kind of money left and right!! That's crazy. I know the market that i need to enter into now, geez. Forget sports photography! :)

Time for bed. 13hr workday tomorrow.


Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment